Tuesday, July 20, 2010

All Grins

Miss M is all grins these days. I put her in Syncro swimming this summer, not really knowing how it would go. I worried that she was not a strong enough swimmer.  I was right, but it pushed her to be stronger. She greeted me each morning all ready dressed in her swim suit, goggles on her head, and towel in hand ready to head to the neighbors for her ride.She would exclaim her love of syncro to me every day, telling me, " Mom, I want to swim syncro every day of my life!"  I guess I made the right decision.

 Getting her # for a meet where she got a first and second place ribbon.

What with this pose? This is how I caught her standing waiting for her turn. Maybe she just knew I had my camera handy and was making sure she was ready. She lo-oves my camera almost as much as she loves syncro, almost...

Miss M loved going every morning with her BFF.

Don't even bother asking what this move is.  Never really had a chance to sit through practices so I just smile and clap, that's my job right?
Because the Tankster got sick yesterday and was diagnosed with Tonsillitis I missed her final meet. The Grand finale. This was the one where her and her BFF swam a duet to the theme song from Cars. I didn't even get a photo of her and Miss A together in their costumes. I guess it's OK, after all, she wants to to "swim syncro every day of her life." I might a get a few more chances. Dad and G-Ma and G-Pa made for a great cheering section and she and Miss A came home with a second place ribbon. She's one proud little lady.

She has been carrying this ribbon around all morning with that cute grin plastered on her face and last nights syncro hair sticking up everywhere. Great job Miss M!!!!!! Mom and Dad are so proud of you!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!

onehm said...

Way to go, Miss M!

Auburn said...

So cute - what fun!!

Jen said...

Yay for Miss M. What a Cutie Pie!

KayDee said...

Congrats Miss M. :)

Robyn said...

Yeah! Way to go, Miss M! You totally rock syncho swim girl!

Jenni said...

That is so awesome! I didn't even know they had that for kids her age....we are lucky to have a swim team....FINALLY!!! Great job and can't wait to see more of her in the future!!!

tammy said...

That is fabulous! Her future is looking bright.

mCat said...

How fantastic is she! I didn't even know they had syncro lessons.