Monday, January 21, 2008

BUSY AND FRUSTRATED

What a busy productive weekend we had at our house. We had a remodeling project in the works and changed our minds. We had to move the office because Baby H was sharing a room with the office and it was not working for me or her World Of Warcraft (WOW) playing Dad. We were going to knock the wall out between what used to be the playroom and the laundry room and make it one big room and once we moved the office stuff into the old playroom we realized we did not need to tear down a wall just in the future make some modifications to our L room. I am actually excited about that because now I can spend that money remodeling the bathroom at our house which we so lovingly refer to as the "CAVE" It is the master bath and when we get started on that project in a couple of weeks I will show you the before and afters and you will agree a change was drastically needed. I wish I had time to paint before moving things. I will have to paint and hang a few manly things around the room soon. The Little Mermaid poster still needs to be moved and in true man fashion my husband asked if we could get a different picture of a girl in a bikini to hang there.....UMMMM NOOOOOOO!!!!!! So here are a few pictures post changes because I did not remember to take before. WARNING... This is not very exciting but it is my life. This is the new office slash ironing space. The ironing issue will be resolved when we get to some changes in the L room.


I can not believe I had all these toys and kids for that matter crammed into such a small space. This is the new play room slash Baby H bedroom. No decor theme has been decided yet.
Look at all that space for organization. I love it!!!! This closet was previously used for storage and craft bins. We are still storing a few items (hint hint) Cousin Dallin's suit and shoes. He must not have missed them the last few Sundays.
Let the playing begin. Miss M could hardly wait to get in there this morning and get her mess thing started.
On another note Smiley is not so Smiley anymore and it is breaking my heart. I get so frustrated with the way the state and the judges handle these cases. These kids are to little to get what is happening to them. My little Smiley will be leaving in the next 30 days or so . I am sad and yet I love his Bio Mom. We have forged a great friendship and I know I will never loose touch with my little man. I just wish he understood why his world has been turned upside down and why he has lost his smile. The fits he throws now are horrendous and he can keep it up for more than a half hour at times. It gets to the point where both he and I want to pull our hair out. He does not get why he is going back and forth and why he gets left at daycare with strangers on top of being hauled back and forth. Yet imagine how hard it would be if he were here one day gone tomorrow. There is no easy answer and It makes me so angry!!!
His new thing is to scream and point his finger at you all with his eyes closed. Like when he opens them his world will be back to normal and not so stinkin scary and confusing.I am actually excited for him to just be in one place the majority of the time so that he can feel safe and secure and not confused or angry any more. I can at least voice my concerns and talk about it and head off to my room for a good cry every now and then. He is to little to understand and this is the only way he has to let me know and it's killing me.

18 comments:

Webb Family said...

It's breaking my heart and I'm not even living it! What a sad situation it will be good when he can have routine in his life. He is one blessed little guy to get to spend time with your sweet family!

Christine said...

The JOYS of being a Foster Parent. Jamie I know and feel your pain a hundred times over. The State did the same thing with our last two little boys. Except they just ripped them from my home and placed them elsewhere. My little guy was wondering why mommy was mad at him and I had to explain that I wasn't mad - just sad. If you need anything - a listening ear or whatever let me know. I've been at this for 5 years and know the pains.

tammy said...

I was so happy for you in your reorganizing and upcoming projects, but after reading about Smiley, I am so sad. That's breaking my heart too! You are amazing to take in foster kids. I have thought about doing it, but am not quite sure. I admire you. Hopefully he will be smiling again soon, and be able to have a good life.

onehm said...

Your office looks awesome. Glad that things are working out for you!!

And I too am sad to see Smiley not so smiley...I know (from experience) how sad it is when one leaves. And I did have to endure the state just moving her one day. It is so great that you are being such a support to the bio mom. She is lucky to have YOU!! And I know that Smiley will be smiley again...it just takes some time and adjustment, right??

(HUGS)

blah, blah by lindsey said...

yay on the remodel. can't wait to see the pics!

i am so sad about your little smiley. hopefully you will still be able to see him. that little guy is lucky to have had you for a mom even if it was just for a little while.

andrea said...

The poor little guy...

My neighbor is fostering a little girl right now, and possibly only has a couple weeks left with her. It makes me sad that these precious kids can't just stay in a good situation when they have it.

brownymama said...

I was so excited about seeing pics of your organizing. We've been trying to get some things together too and it cracks me up that you changed your minds! I'm sorry to hear about all that is going on with Smiley though. That's so tough when you put your heart out there for a little one and you know you don't get to take care of him and make his world right. Hang in there! You're doing so much good!
Krista

Tracy said...

Smiley's dilemna makes me cry. It always breaks my heart the situation so many of these kids are in. It's not right. How wonderful, though, that you were able to bring a little happiness in his life. I hope his future life will be happy.

Laurie said...

Oh, my heart is breaking for you and your little Smiley. I hope he finds his smile again soon.

Great job on all your projects!

KayDee said...

I love the new rooms! Looks great.

My heart is breaking too! That little boy is the sweetest! I think he is very lucky to have you in his life. Love ya always!

Ashley said...

You go girl. It is always nice to be organized.

Crazymamaof6 said...

whoohoo! on the new office space! and yay for no more late night chats with the baby while playing WOW. yay for that. whoohoo on the new playroom! how great is that! they look excited!

Anonymous said...

I was so excited for your new orgabization. But so sad to hear about Smiley. We love him so much and will miss him too. He is such a cute kid.

Micah and Jen said...

Yay for your getting so much done! That is so wonderful....and I totally understand the bathroom situation...it's the one room I can't wait to get done! Sorry about your poor little guy....so frustrating....hope it gets better.

huneybezzz3 said...

Oh man I have no idea how you do it. Just remember how much of a positive difference you have made in his little life! I just wish there were words that would make you feel better but unfortunately there is nothing anyone can say to make it all go away. Good luck. you are amazing.

Holyoaks said...

Thats awful - I don't know? I guess just LOVE HIM the biggest and most you can- while you can! Knowing that hopefully things will soon be better for him:)

Holyoaks said...

Oh I do have to say I am sooo jealous of your ironing space - so nice

SHERI said...

I want to cry! I really hope things work out for him. Kids just need a safe place to feel loved. Sure wish he could stay