Saturday, December 1, 2007

IT WAS........

her FIRST

and her FIRST trip to Disneyland. It does not seem to matter if you are sixty (sorry Mom) or two, it still holds a piece of magic for everyone. I spent the last week with my Mom, Lightning, Miss M, Sissy, Miss Melissa and my little sister Auntie M at the Magical Kingdom having an absolute blast.
Here are our two first timers sharing a little "Kodak" moment before entering the park.
Our first stop was breakfast w/the characters. I was a little worried about Sissy and how she would react to everything. She is such a sensitive little girl. Well she did ok w/Pooh but I think one character visit was enough for her because when Tigger showed up she freaked out and covered her face. Hiding behind a sliver of watermelon was not working and
neither was Tiggers attempt at playing her game with her. He tried to hard to be her friend, but she was not having it. This is pretty much how she responded to every character who visited us after that. She did try to get close enough to hug Minnie Mouse but chickened out at the last second.
The rest of the crew had no troubles warming up to all of our breakfast visitors.

Santa makes a stop at the magic kingdom too this time of year and guess who would not sit on his lap MMMMHHH???? That is ok, because at least Santa knows what the big kids want for Christmas. I can not wait to scrap some of these fun memories!!!


We took it slow and got in all fun rides we wanted too. My Mom has MS (Multiple Sclerosis) and did not let it slow her down a bit. I was not surprised by this because MS does not own her life...she does!!! My Mom amazes me with her courage and strength and I am so glad we had this fun time together!!! She rode every roller coaster except California Screamin and her favorite ride was Soarin. It rained in CA. as much as it did in AZ. on Friday and so we took advantage of a few "WET" rides. Miss M loved Splash Mountain until we were dropped fifty feet while being soaked to the core. It did not phase Lightning at all! He would have rode over and over again if I had been a better sport.
Even though my sweet Sissy did not care to get up close and personal w/the characters the rest of the trip was a hit. She loved the parade and fireworks and was not afraid of a single ride we took her on.


I love going on vacations and I also love coming home. I missed my Hubby and my two babies and I am glad to be back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

onehm said...

So fun!
I was sad that we missed hanging out with you...
we were worn out by the time we got home. I'm impressed that you rode the water rides. I myself said no thanks! ;o)
Can't wait to see the scrapbook pages.

BTW, I have your disk of Christmas photos...I'll drop it off tomorrow.

Crazymamaof6 said...

so cute! looks super fun! and love the pics of her and tigger covering their eyes! adorable!

tammy said...

Oh how I love Disneyland!! Glad you and your kiddos had a fun time. Nice that your hubby watched the two babies while you were gone. My sister and her boys are there today with the Snowball Express (www.snowballexpress.org) and I wish I was there with her!

Holyoaks said...

It looked like you guys had a Blast! Don't you love 'the happiest place on earth'? I can't wait for Lexi to be old enough to visit!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds so fun! Love the pictures! Isn't it great to be able to visit, "the happiest place on earth!"

Mortensen Family said...

You got some fun pics! We get to go to Disneyland in March and it will be my kiddos first time. Anyway, I have a private blog, and I need your email so I can send you an invite. email me @ devonsweetheart at yahoo dot com

Webb Family said...

How fun & what great memories! I can't wait to see the LO's you do! I love all those fun water rides & even better that it was raining!!

junglemama said...

What great photos! Look like they had a blast. :)

Micah and Jen said...

Oh what fun! I am glad you had a great time....and of course I am so super jealous! :)

Laurie said...

Oh, fun! What a great trip to share with your kids and Mom. Love the pictures!

KayDee said...

Love the pics. Specially the one of mom and sissy. I am glad you all had a great time.