Monday, December 3, 2007

OH CHRISTMAS TREE!

For FHE we got our Christmas tree. It was an adventure.... My kids were the thinking they owned the garden center at the Home Depot. The man helping us out was a great sport about it! I am surprised it was only a few trees that got knocked down and not some of their lovely potted plants I would not have wanted to purchase after they had been destroyed. Daddy was so nice to do all the hard work so that we could get to the fun part of putting the ornaments on.



I love the smell and the sight of a tree in my home it really brings in the reality of the season. Santa will be coming soon. You would think he was coming tomorrow by the way my kids were acting! He better not come tomorrow!! I am no where near ready. I did however get a special delivery from Hasbro today and those fun surprises are well hidden. I also actually figured out what a fun gift would be for my hubby and got it purchased and tucked away too.



It is obviously time to update the tree decor but I can never find stuff I like enough to buy. When I do my budget screams NO WAY!!! So yes, I still have raffia bows on my tree and well my kids do not care! They are only interested in the gifts that will be sitting around it so maybe next year I will be brave and and re-do the tree theme. I try to be a good Mom and let them have a hay day putting on the ornaments and then when they are sleeping I do damage control. I just love this family tradition and hope my kids grow to love it and look forward to it as much as I do every year!

6 comments:

Laurie said...

I don't think it matters what goes on the tree as long it's done with love! Looks great!

onehm said...

So fun! I love to decorate the tree with my kids~ although the "control freak" in me isn't so sure!
;o)

Your tree is beautiful~ don't feel bad about your bows, they are so cute!

Webb Family said...

How fun!!! I always try and let my kiddos help me too, sometimes hard! I feel the same way about my decorations I will for sure be hitting the after C-mas sales! I think your tree looks beautiful!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

love it! and your decor is great! i don't even have my tree up , or my house ready for it. and i am loving your bows! and totally kid safe! fabulous!

Christine said...

I am too much a control freak. And I change the colors on my tree every year. I do let the kids put the ornaments on, but if it doesn't look quite right - I fix it when they go to bed. And nobody knows but me. :) So my hats off to you for letting go and allowing the kids to do it all.

It's so cute and I know they had tons of fun decorating. Fun memories!!

Holyoaks said...

I also love the smell of a real tree. Unfortunately I only have the smell of dust from my atifificial one. Thank goodness for smelly candles!