Finally I have my pathology back. My tumor is a Large cell tumor with Sarcoma Markers. It is benign, but came from my bone and has cancer Markers. Sarcomas are recurring tumors that come from the bone. A form of bone cancer I am told. I have yet to investigate, the news it is too fresh. So this tumor while not an immediate threat to my life has thankfully opened our eyes to a condition I will always have to watch. I am in no mood to randomly grow tumors the rest of my life. I am not being flippant. That is frightening, especially after what I have just been through! Dr G said it's great news with a cloud hanging over it. I will see the oncologist next week and go from there. I am told he may prescribe a treatment as a precaution. At any rate he will more than likely be my friend for a long time to come due to those markers. I hope he's as great as Dr G. I am told I will have to be watched very closely. I am okay with that! I feel relieved and more than blessed. How grateful I am for every prayer said on my behalf. I have felt their power and I am so grateful for a Loving Heavenly Father who hears and answers each one. Life is full of miracles. A huge tumor that grew so fast and no cancer but the markers are there so I know to be watched. I do not believe that is a coincidence!
On a lighter note, life is never boring around here and if just getting better is not enough my little Bubba was running through the retention basin by our home today trying to catch a lizard he said and did not see the hole in the drain cover (calling the city first thing tomorrow) and his right leg went right in. It of coarse swelled and he was stuck. His friends Grandma sat with him till me and the paramedics could get there. I am slow, think distracted toddler..... I went to their house first from Wild Things crazy directions and when no one answered the door I got panicked and asked again. This time I knew where to look and when I finally got there I found my sweet neighbor lady pouring ice water on his leg to keep it from burning and to hopefully keep the swelling down. A metal drain cover, 115 or more outside. My poor boy! The paramedics came had him out in 10 minutes and I drove him to the ER (bad idea, ouch) On the way there he went from being worried to asking for a quad if he was brave. A quad, a boy can dream big right? He got a new wii game. Another sweet friend met me their to carry Bubba. I could not. His knee was super swollen and cut up. Sorry no pics.... I had nightmares of casts and two semi invalids hobbling around our house. Luckily for us both, he has a bad knee sprain and will be just fine. I on the other hand was just starting to feel human again and boy am I hurting. Nothing a goods night sleep won't fix (fingers crossed). I think I have turned a corner and the old me will be in full swing soon. I am not pushing myself though. I am no lover of pain.
7 comments:
Yay! So glad it's good news even if there is a "cloud". You are amazing! Hope his leg gets better fast. :)
Oh my gosh. First. Congrats! Holy cow. I imagine scans in your future. In my experience most oncologists are kind of great. I pray yours is amazing and sweet. You need it. So glad for you. Yes follow up sucks but the alternative, well you know, would suck worse. Hang in there. Take it slow. Hugs!
Poor Bubba. Life at your house is never dull. Poor guy. Poor mama going all over to find him.
Hope your aches go away soon.
You're amazing. I love ya.
You're amazing. I love ya.
I'm with you on thinking it's a huge blessing to know that you need to be checked and watched from now on. I really think you're supposed to be here for those kids, and this is Heavenly Father's way of making sure you will be. How many people have a tendency towards cancer and don't even know it? Still, not fun to have to go through all this. Glad you finally have some news. Praying for the best and quick recovery for you both!
I will just ditto Tams comment because that is what I would say, and she said it better! Take it slow and recover and I hope Bubba is okay!!
Tami,
I am so glad that your tumor is not an immediate threat...but keep an eye on it.
Regarding your cute little Bubba. I can feel your panic. I am glad that it was not more serious. Thank goodness for that friends cute Grandma. I am glad he is ok. You rest my friend. Hugs!
Post a Comment