Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Full Swing

Summer is in full swing around here.

 What's not to like, right? I will be honest, summer kills me.
It means my small army of destucto rangers are in high gear. Water balloons thrown and popped in the basement.I am pretty sure the friend who snuck those in may never come back...Okay, she can come back, but with out those blasted balloons!
 I am woken up almost every morning to some sort of fight or a tattle tale. I am not kidding, almost EVERY morning. Almost every routine we have has to be tweaked. Strict limits enforced on t.v. watching and computer usage. No couch potatoes camping at my house. I must referee 4 fights before swim team and swim lessons each morning. These kiddos are having a hard time adjusting to each other this year. Too much of a good thing I guess.The pool is great behavior leverage. More than one kid has stood outside the pool fence wishing their consequence away. I have things scheduled for them to do and we have gone on some fun, and some not so fun outings.

Waiting in the AZ summer heat to see Lightning Mc Queen and his pals was a wretched idea. The ice cream fixed all the whining, mine included.I am sure I will get it figured out and have my kids trained and the fighting to a minimum just about the time school starts. I still enforce bed times. I still enforce quiet times and sometimes I enforce friend time just to give me break from the continual pestering of one another. I have two kids to potty train this summer, a family vacation to pull off, and a month with hardly any plans. June is booked solid and July has left me scramblin. I need some fun indoor activities.Going to have to get really creative.
Don't get me wrong it's not all bad. I am just feeling a bit tired as I adjust too. My feet scream at me by the end of each day. We have to renew our Foster care licence which means some more parenting classes and Dr appt's and running around. I have been having some PCOS related health crap and a good skin cancer scare so I am already running extra places. We will more than likely have our two little tykes adoptions both finalized by the end of this year. It is all worth it. I guess it's up to me to find the good in all this craziness and enjoy the chaos.Here's to another crazy summer

4 comments:

" Hit It......." said...

I can mentally see your cute kids looking through the pool gates (funny).

I am struggling with summer also. I like a set schedule and the lack of one is driving me nuts. I am not a fan of tv or video games; yet they still end up doing them a lot!

Good luck!

tammy said...

Summer is hard in AZ because unless you're swimming, it's too hot outside to do much! And Taylor is getting a little too old to visit the places we used to when the boys were young. I'm afraid he's on the computer more than I like during the summer.

Pedaling said...

Yay for the,,,what did you call it....the redneck pool! ;)

If I can think of any good indoor activities that don't involve the tv, i'll send them your way.

mCat said...

I'm tired just thinking of your day. I wish I had ideas to give you. INstead I am the one who let the kids play video games and where the neighborhoon hung out all summer becuase I wasn't home.

Kinda pathetic reallt