In this play the Character Connie Lou is visited by and angel who could not bear children and that angel sings of how Mary the Mother of the Savior let her hold her baby and for a moment in time she felt like a Mother. She sings of the honor it was to take care of other peoples children. That it was a healing balm to her aching heart. At that point I am reminded of how each and every child we have as parents are really children of our Heavenly Father and how we are holding his children.Our calling was not to be the Mother of the Savior of the world but our calling is to Mother those we do have in our care, and it is no less important. Each of our children need to learn of that sweet child who became the man Jesus, the Savior of the world who's birth we will celebrate in a few days. Who's earthly Mother was Mary. They need to know who he is and what he stands for. It is our sacred job as Mothers to teach them of him. It is a balm to my broken heart that I have eight beautiful children and I am a Mother. I am blessed beyond measure . It just didn't happen the way I had always planned, yet they are mine all the same. Sometimes my heart still hurts for all I assume I have missed. It doesn't last long anymore. I have so much!!!
5 comments:
You are an amazing Sister! I love you:)
I know EXACTLY how you feel. And I cry every single time I hear that song too. I cry during baby blessings, when I find out a friend or acquaintance is pregnant, when I get invited to a baby shower and when people are gushing over the cute new bundle of joy. My heart aches and I don't know how to deal with it always. I love your post and the reminder that we are Heavenly Father's children and that we are just hereon earth for a short time. Thank you for that sweet, gentle reminder. Love you!!
I know a little of how you feel. It took me awhile to become pregnant with Taylor, and I wondered the whole time if I'd be able to. And I'd cry when others around me were having babies - married or not. And still, even though I had two and am very thankful for that, I mourn not having more.
Such a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing. I've never seen The Forgotten Carols. I need to.
I need to go see that play. i had the CD love the songs but don't know the play.
hugs!
you are amazing.
I appreciate you sharing your tender thoughts. You are an amazing woman.
Love, love, love the shot above on this post.
Post a Comment