Sunday, November 22, 2009

I Love That.....

As a parent there are things I actually do right. It is so easy to get caught up in ALL the things I know I do wrong. I love that this little guy

knows when it is a "church day." He Gets all excited to go and asks all morning to get ready. He get's so excited to see his church clothes and shoes set out and ready to put on. I find my self reminding him it is not time yet, several times on a Sunday morning. He is always telling me we have to "sushhhhh" in church. To bad he doesn't completely get the concept yet. It's a start right?
I love that this little sweetie

calls our family room the "story, scripture, song, family prayer room" She actually takes the time to say it all.I am so glad she does not call it the t.v. watching, wrestling, fight with your brother and sister, jump on the furniture, time out room. I LOVE that she associates it with the things that mean the most.The things I am trying soo hard to teach. All that effort and energy are worth it! I have wanted to give up our lengthy night time routine out of frustration and exhaustion, more times than I can count. I am soo glad I have stuck with it!!!!

8 comments:

Laurie said...

So cute! I love when all the teaching pays off!

KayDee said...

So SWEET:)

tammy said...

You must be doing something right. I love your kids.

Jennifer said...

Remember what Elder Bednar said in the last General Conference? It was the consistency of doing those things that paid off. Sounds like you are doing exactly that. Now if I could just do the same. . . You are AWESOME! Love you!

Jen said...

Love the "Family Room" name. That's so sweet:)

andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
andrea said...

I need to do a much better job with the consistency part.....I admit I give up far too easily on the things that should be the most important.

(I deleted the above comment. With a spelling mistake it really made no sense! I think that maybe I shouldn't take nyquil in the daytime...)

Lisa Baldwin said...

You are doing something right because your an AWESOME MOM... Never forget that :o)

Love the family room name way to cute!