Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"THE SKY IS FALLING"" THE SKY IS FALLING"


Miss M came running out of her room screaming that the kids had broke the lamp. She has no lamp in her room so we did not rush in. When Daddy got there he found that she was not crying wolf. The sky was really falling. Yep, this ugly light fixture has bit the dust. Scary though that it fell over my kids heads. Broken glass falling all around them,.This was no accident though. If you purposefully aim your toys at it and mange to hit it, you create a pretty dangerous predicament for yourself. Luckily no one was hurt and now Mommy gets to go find a new one that I like:):) I guess I should be saying thanks but instead I am off to vacuum the little shards off the floor. Never a dull moment at this house!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes!!! I am glad no one got hurt, that could have been pretty ugly.
Preston thinks it's fun to throw things up at the fan and see how far they fly, I am just waiting for him to cause some serious damage, he has been warned!

tammy said...

Glad no one was hurt!

Can you send them over to my house? I would like a new washing machine.

andrea said...

Hey....maybe I should let my kids be a little more destructive rather than stopping them.....Of course, you should see my son's walls.....paint off, holes from a shelf that was ripped out because they found out it won't hold a kid.....and there it sits, in all it's carnage!

KayDee said...

Ouch! I am glad no one was hurt! Have fun picking out a new light!

Andrea said...

That is pretty scary! Thank goodness no one got hurt! I LOVE cleaning up broken glass! NOT! I usually get a little sliver in my finger or my feet. Be careful!

But YAY now you get to pick a new one! WOOHOO!!

Devri said...

Oh my word, just like my house, got to love it.. dont you?

Anonymous said...

That could of been a lot worse, thank goodness none of them were hurt. Life with kids=never having a dull moment!

Laurie said...

We've had this happen twice. I'm pretty sure it's the same light cover.

Crazymamaof6 said...

OH NO! that is such a bummer. my kids have done that with ceiling fans. LAME! have fun shopping for a new one.