Saturday, September 20, 2008

FINALLY!

I finally finised this little project. This is Miss M and Sissy's room. I saw the idea for the "book shelves" on my friend Sheri's good finds blog. You should check it out. I am also going to do some fun vintage modge podge squares for above the bed. I found that idea there too. I got in the crafty mood yesterday after Tammy posted her contest and I went looking for fun ideas for Halloween. Thanks Tammy for the spur in my saddle. I needed a little prodding to get motivated again. I have had this empty frame for a while now, my old roommate gave it to me and I finally got the tin in it and put it up. A fun way for them to see what they have
accomplished at school. I want the
other pic in the green frame to be B&W but I haven't ordered the print yet. I only bought a few things to do these.The books from Goodwill the brackets from Rustic Hutch and the tin from good ol Home Depot. Buy scrap tin if you ever do a magnet board because it's way cheaper. I had all the rest. So fun to finally have it done and now I can move on to Halloween.

5 comments:

tammy said...

So cute! I have been in a crafty mood lately too, and I love it when I can do fabulous things for lots less. I love seeing everyone's ideas.

Micah and Jen said...

Very cute! I want to make shelves for my living room and have had the metal pieces forever.....just like these ones, but now I can't seem to find them!!! ARRR! You have such fun things on your blog....I am still trying to catch up on everyone! :)

Anonymous said...

Cute stuff, it looks great!

Anonymous said...

Very Cute!!!! If you and Tammy are in "crafty moods" I have a bunch you two can come over and get done at my house :).

Andrea said...

I LOVE their room!!! FABULOUS magnet board!!!