Saturday, July 19, 2008

CARE FREE

We had no real plans for the day and were NOT enjoying our chores when our friends called and asked if we were up to a Zoo trip to play in the water. Let see, chores? play? It was an easy decision and the kids had a fabulous time.We plan on hitting the Zoo a lot the next three weeks. Boredom Busters is over and I am going to need to keep a certain little man active and entertained as much as I can. When he gets bored he gets a little to hard to handle!! Besides, I would rather be out having fun with him than at home breaking up battles.
Baby H was not to excited about the water she stuck to the edges for about the first twenty minutes, She hated baths as a baby. She got over it for a while and now is back to hating a bath or a shower. I am glad she decided to get in and join the fun! Q-ball was gung ho from the start. I don't think the smile left his adorable little face. It was a perfect day for it and surprisingly it was not busy at all.


Kids are so funny!! I am not to hungry tonight and so I decided to blog and scrap while the kids ate. Lightning was teasing everyone as usual and was doing the old classic knock and pretend someones at the door trick.
He decided to take it a step further and went to the door and pretended Daddy was home and kept screaming,"POPPY'S HOME" and then "APRIL SHOWERS, APRIL SHOWERS, APRIL SHOWERS!" First of all, none of my kids are big enough to know what April showers or April Fools are, so he was funny only in his own little mind and to no one else. Poor kid looks like the joke was on him. He was so sad when I explained it to him because he really thought he was sooooo funny! Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!!

7 comments:

andrea said...

Now that looks like FUN! When we were down there, we skipped on the splash part of the zoo....the kids were sad. They LOVE splash parks. We need more of them here.

Good luck on keeping your guy busy. And gold star to you for letting him play the knock-knock game during dinner...my poor kids always get in trouble for playing when it's eating time. You are a nice mom!

Micah and Jen said...

Such a fun fun fun zoo! I love the water thing....they put it in just as I was moving back to Idaho so we never really got to enjoy it....but hopefully my kids have now! :) Looks like good times and heck yeah, totally pick fun over chores!!!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

i had no idea the zoo had a water park area..that looks like so much fun :)

Laurie said...

That looks so fun!!

Anonymous said...

That looks like a great way to spend a day, and definately over doing chores! They are so-o cute!

tammy said...

I'd give up my chores too!

Ashley Dent said...

Isn't the splash pad the BEST! I love it and they love it and it makes me not care that they are fully dressed while running through it! We need to go together some time!