Tuesday, June 24, 2008

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!!!!

I just need to vent. We all do sometimes. Just a few things I wish I did not have to deal with some days...

1. Q-Ball grabbing a hold of the bars on his crib and shaking it until he has woken everyone else up or at least got my attention.The crib hits the walls pretty hard and makes a nice big thud that can be heard by all! He has been doing this in the morning and after naps for about a week now. This has got to SSSSSSSTOP!!! Yes, poor kid is in a pink room until the Bunk beds I ordered which are on back order come in.

2. Q-Ball pulling his binki off of his clothes and tossing it behind the crib over and over again at nap time. He gets mad that it is gone after a few minutes and screams for me to find it. Dude, this Mom is no dummy and if you keep it up you must not really need the dumb thing and you can learn to cry it out with out a nice little soothing friend in your mouth. Not to mention I have to move the crib to get to the binkis because why would we drop them in front of the crib where it would be easy for Mom to get them??

3. Strangers in public who should think before they speak. Ever heard of inner monologue? I am at Target this morning and we always do a potty stop before shopping. I have two carts because I have a lot of little ones. We are at the point of hand washing and a lady comes into the rest room. I usually use the family one but this target did not have one. Smiley is sitting in the back of the cart and being his usual loud funny self. She enters very dramatically and slowly, and says "WELL... I was NOT expecting this!!!" I said, "Look lady neither were we!" I quickly gathered my kids and left. I usually let this crap roll off my back but sometimes people just hit my last nerve. So a little while later in the same store a lady is trying to get by and I have to shoo a few kids out of her way and she looks at me and says "How many kids DOOO you have?" I wanted to say count for yourself, but instead I said "six fun fabulous kiddos" and went on my way. Some times I want to ask if they are aware that Target is a public place and you can expect to find other people there so if you don't like others and kids go late at night and keep your thoughts to yourself!!

4. Sissy thinking quiet time only last ten minutes and then we can come begging for a snack even though we just finished our lunch. This Mom needs a BREAK, if you want me to be kind and sane from three to bed time.

I guess I must be a little tired today and the silly things are really bugging me!!!

10 comments:

tammy said...

Oh people bug me too! I'm glad you snapped back. I hate when people think the world revolves around them. Would the bathroom lady rather your kids were peeing outside in the parking lot?? Geez!

I think I would pull Q-balls crib to the middle of the room when he was sleeping. And the binkie thing? I would have no patience for that. Have you tried duct taping it to his mouth ; )

blah, blah by lindsey said...

even when i am not tired the little things bug me ;)

hope the rest of your day is better

KayDee said...

Boy people are rude and dont have a clue!

I think the heat is getting to us all! My kids are getting on my last nerve today!

Cajsa said...

Well we love your kids Jamie and if you ever need help on a trip to the lovely target its one more kid but also one more adult so just let me know I am right around the corner!

Micah and Jen said...

Yay for venting! I'm glad I'm not the only one!!! Maybe it's the heat! :) Yeah, not looking forward to the rude people when I take my whole new crew out!!!

SHERI said...

I just had to do a little catch up on your blog. I know you life is crazy sometimes- but I appreciate the venting- it makes me appreciate you all the more! And you make me smile :)

Crissybug said...

I wish I had your guts. I am so bad at confrontation, and am always in so much shock when someone says or does something that catches me off guard. I then spend the rest of the day thinking about what I should have said! I just don't get people sometimes!

Anonymous said...

The nerve of some people, you were at target for pete's sake (sounds like something my grandma would say) don't they sell kid stuff there, diapers, bottles, cribs, clothes, who do they think shops there? IDIOTS.
Hope today goes better for you.

I hope you guys get to go watch fireworks. I am pretty sure we will be going to watch them.
Let me know if you get to, we would love to meet up with you.
I also wanted to know what that saying was above your bay window in your kitchen, I might have to steal that from you if you don't mind, if you do I won't steal it :).

Crazymamaof6 said...

oh you poor thing. you need a Girls night out Pronto!
i hate rude people in public. it's public. other people can be there, and just because you are out in public with 6 kids, they shouldn't be jerks to you and say the rudest stuff. people that say stuff have NO CLUE about your reality. i've been there. it's enough to make a person scream. of course we don't right them, just later as we relive it. UGH!

bummer on the binki issue. and the crib moving. and
YIKES i hate the after lunch snack fest. i just fed you people why are you bugging me?
good luck. you aren't alone.
bummer on the crib shaking too. at least he didn't break it yet. my kids broke a bar out. stinking have to get a new crib for the last kid? LAME!

Laurie said...

I can't believe the comments you got at Target!! So rude!! Hope the day gets better.