
Lightning and Miss M came to our home OCT. 7Th. 2005. They were scared and both sobbing. There worlds had been turned upside down so many times. We were their seventh home in 2 years. We were scared too! We all put on our brave face and I think I am still wearing mine. We struggled as we do with all of our kids. We worry if they are staying or not and how long the road to adoption will be. We were able to adopt these cute munchkins a year ago today. Daddy has to work today. NO hooky two days in a row. My parents are going to babysit while I celebrate with just the two of them painting pottery and having treats. We will make a fun dinner tonight and have some quiet family time. These two precious, kind, trying, and love able spirits made me a Mom and Layne a Dad to them we will always be grateful!!! Mommy and Daddy love you more than we can say!! LET"S CELEBRATE!!!!!!
13 comments:
I can't believe that it's already been ONE year. Time flies these days!
CELEBRATE and have a GREAT day! I know that they are just a happy to have both you and Layne for parents as much as the two of you are for having them a part of your family.
Congrats!
Congrats!!! I hope you have fun painting and having treats:)
WoW it has been a year!!
How fun that you're going to celebrate with just the two of them. Hope you have a great day! That LO and pic is precious.
Congratulation!!!!! How fun to go and celebrate with just the two of them. I hope you all had a great time.
I love this post Jamie! I can't believe it has already been a year. Doesn't it seem like time passes too quickly? I sure feel that way. Those kids are so blessed to have you guys as their parents, and they will have a great life! What a fun idea to spned the day together with just them. We have named our special day, "the best day ever" and so that is what we celebrated earlier this year.
Yay! I can't imagine how it would have been having them in your home. Wanting to adopt them, and then having to wait a whole year & a half! I hope you guys have a wonderful day together. Be sure to take lots of pictures!
I love that page! Its too cute! We love them all and we are sooooo happy to have them in our family forever! Congrats! is that what i should say!? ha ha
How sweet to make light of their special day. That's something they will cherish for a lifetime!
Have a spectacular day and enjoy yourselves!
WHOOHOO! for time alone with MAMA! what a HUGE celebration that is! so excited for your one year!
cute page. and super sweet thoughts!
that is definitely something to celebrate! yay!! for one year!
What lucky kiddos to have you guys for parents...and what lucky parents! I am so glad this worked out and that you are all right where you should be! you are simply amazing to me!!!
Has it really been a year? What a year huh?
What a great way to celebrate!! CONGRATS!!!
They are adorable!
Post a Comment