Saturday, May 17, 2008

END OF THE YEAR!

I am so glad to have a small break from the school year stuff like dance and singing group. Don't get me wrong I love watching my kids in their fun performances and dance recitals.Lightning and Miss M had their singing group performance last night. I just love seeing my kids enjoying themselves. They LOVE singing group and Sissy can not wait to be a part of all the fun next year. She gets to start dance and join singing group. I just like to not be running around so much. It is GREAT to have good friends to help out and I had so many friends who helped me especially after #6 came along and loading and unloading is a ten or more minute production sometimes. THANKS Sheri for toting my kids both ways to singing group. My Brother Damon got our sand box done now I just need to paint the cute sayings around the outside of the box. I want to do the kids names and maybe a cute "dig dig dig." Smiley and Q-ball will be staying and we need to change their names and I have no idea what to rename Smiley so it may be awhile before I add their names.


Layne and I had a great time at Kohl's ranch just the two of us. We got to go on walks and hold hands and eat entire meals uninterrupted. We watched movies while cuddling and I read my books. It was nice cool weather. I love Kohl's Ranch because it is not far I stay for free and it is so quiet and peaceful even if I have my kids. They love spending time there in the summer and playing in the woods and the creek.Now it's time to put myself together and and take the whole crew to Sissy's pancake breakfast at Applebee's that her school is hosting. So glad Layne has not gone back to work yet!!! I am a slow starter today because bunko was last night and I got to bedREALLY late but It was really worth it!!!!

11 comments:

Cajsa said...

That sandbox is awesome! Riley might have to come over and play with her cousins this summer! She would love that! and we are 2seconds away! But good for you two getting a time out! You definately deserved it!

tammy said...

How cute that you're going to paint on the sandbox! We had one in our last house, and I wasn't nearly as creative as you.

I'm so glad you guys were able to get away. Sounds like the perfect retreat.

Bunko was fun! Glad I got to chat with you!

KayDee said...

How fun to get out of town with just you and Layne and some alone time!

The sandbox looks like a load of fun for the kids!

I hope this summer is little bit more relaxing for you! You will have to come over and do some swimming:)

SHERI said...

OK- I have a few comments. First of all- Love the sandbox!! That is going to be so much fun.

I am so happy to hear you get the boys! I didn't know. I guess I need to call and catch up.

Your kids did great last night. I thought it was the cutest! I am sad about the summer break. i like to have my kids busy. They get bored at home. I will just have to find some fun summer activities.

I am glad you got away. I know it has been rough couple weeks for you guys.

onehm said...

I am so ready for school (and activities) to be over for a while!!
I am really glad that you had fun with Layne..."just the two of you" sounds like heaven!!!!

Jen said...

Cute idea for the sandbox!! I didn't get to really play with you last night so I didn't get to even hear the status of Smiley and Q-ball. I don't know how you do it with 6! I can hardly handle my 2!! Glad you had a good time getting away with Layne, you guys needed it! Glad you got to come last night too, it was fun!

andrea said...

Welcome back. It sounds like you got a much needed respite. That's great. I remember after my dad passed away, that after the funeral and everything were over I was so physically exhausted I could've slept for a week.

That's great you get to keep the boys. How fabulous for them to not be in limbo anymore and have a solid home. Congrats!

Micah and Jen said...

So glad you had such a fun time....I could really us some right now! So much stress going on in this house....and I doubt we are going to get a break for the summer....but we'll survive! :) What a fun sandbox....cute idea with the names! :)

Mortensen Family said...

ok- so are you adopting them?!? we need to chat!
love the sandbox too!

Dave'sWife@{thediaryofdaveswife} said...

mAkEs mE wIsH thAt i WaS a KiD aGaIn. . . tHaT sAndBoX lOOks LikE a tOn of FuN!

Crazymamaof6 said...

o have a video of carter singing his solo i'll send you the photo bucket code.

sounds like a fabulous time at Kohls ranch. thank goodness for good friends! it is nice to slow down a little. hugs. hope you guys are doing ok.


i'm caught up finally here too. crazy few weeks. i'm so behind.

so once they are all yours you can go back to not private right? how great that will be.