That is usually a good rule to follow. Sometimes little people fail to see the reasoning behind the rule. I got a call from Bubba and Little H's kindergarten teacher last Thursday. Does your stomach sink when you get that just after school call? Mine does. It does not happen very often these days but I still react the same. Flashbacks from C-Dogs first grade nightmare come rolling through my mind. The teacher Mrs. H quickly asks if I have seen Bubba's fat lip as he is standing next to me with his fat lip pulled out. I quickly tell her I am just being shown the proof of someone else's handiwork. A chubby lip and a little cut inside his lower lip. I quickly wonder what he did to get some other child mad enough to hit. Before I can ask, I am told that the guilty strong arm belongs to none other than Little H. Nice...... My daughter gave my son a fat lip in kindergarten. It is funny in a you will look back at this some day and chuckle kind of way. If that is not bad enough apparently he is the 3rd kid to see the end of her fist that week. WHAT? Little H is the class bully? Mrs. H assures me she is surprised and that it had just been a bad week. Bubba accidentally stepped on her and nailed him. Another unsuspecting five year took two blows to the back for bumping her. Has she had many fun times this weekend, nope! She came out of the womb a hitter. It is her weapon of choice and we have been trying for years to get it under control and just when I think we have seen the end of it, here it comes again with a vengeance. After discussing each situation with the teacher we both decided it is happening because of fatigue. Adjusting to all day kindergarten is hard on small bodies. She does come from a large family where a quiet girl like her has not too many defenses and thus comes out fighting. So we are working so hard to use our words and not our hands. We are not letting the smallest indiscretion slip at home and are really encouraging her to speak up for herself and to recognize no one is trying to be mean. Oh I hope it finally sinks in we have really tried everything, I promise! We even talk about hitting in our prayers. Hopefully as she adjusts she will learn to keep her hands to herself.

A sweet girl like her does not need to earn herself any trouble.
P.S. just wrote her adoption story on my private blog.
5 comments:
I am sorry, I had to laugh. What a tough chick! I grew up with ALL boys and they were always kicking my butt. I agree that you need to get it under control and use words instead of hitting. That little gal has a little fire in her.
Keep up the good work...(have a Diet Coke and breathe).
I think it's funny that it came from his sister. Sometimes I feel like punching someone too.
i get her frustration....
such a cutie, though!
can you resend my invite to your private blog- i received the last one on my phone when I was out of town and I don't know what happened??
email -- pedalingfast@gmail.com
wow, who knew all that could come from that sweet little thing?! Can i please be invited to your private blog? I would love to read her adoption story.
lauriemedlyn@yahoo.com
Forgive my giggles, but yeah, it's funny in a you'll back on this and laugh kind of way.
She is so cute and so TOUGH! Love it
Post a Comment