Sunday, January 2, 2011

I just want to bottle it up and sell it.

Can you sell cuteness? Really I do not want to sell it, just keep it all for myself because I am selfish and because I know I will miss it.

I  have this internal war with my self every day. Wishing they would grow up in some way or another. You know, always ways that make my life even a little bit easier for me, and then I find my self pining  for the days when they were even a tiny bit littler.
This one and her male same aged counter part are killin me.

Don't be fooled by the sweet innocence. That is really just lurking in the background only coming out when  it is really needed. You  know, right after she has done something wrong, or is going to beg candy off of me. I am sad every time she does something sneaky and underhanded or even begins to fib. What happened to my sweet babies? I am just grateful this one will still crawl in to bed with me in the morning and cuddle. I am grateful she will always quietly came and hug and cuddle. She loves to be by me.

 Bubba on the other hand ....  Do not underestimate his sneakiness...... How do you even begin to bottle all his enthusiasm and mischief? His eyes emanate trouble, they just do. He is scheming all day long and sometimes in the night. He's larger than life and that's what defines him, and will surely kill me! I worry about him when he is with me and when he is not. When he is home he is getting into trouble constantly. Climbing and letting the dogs and the babies out of the side gate. Ever chased down two babies and two dogs at once? Breaks everything whines, oh he can whine. Makes all sorts of annoying boy noises and loud.  Even when he talks  there are no lower decibels. I am often asked if he has hearing loss. Nope, just no volume control. When he is at preschool or with a babysitter nothing changes, The rules are meant to be broken and he does not seem to care the cost. Yikes, I am in for it.What happened to my angel baby? He really was the perfect little baby. If we can manage to direct all this energy for good, he will be a force to reckon with.

4 comments:

tammy said...

I am a sucker for a cute face. And I'm afraid, having a soft spot for little boys like I do, that Bubba would get away with everything at my house.

Jenni said...

Oh girl! I am right there with you....this post could have been about my own kids....and exactly how I feel about them! :) On the way home from Utah yesterday Micah and I were talking about how we longed for the babies to be bigger so we could go hiking and do more camping and stuff like that....but then we got sad thinking how they are growing so quick and won't be so little for much longer. It's a constant battle raging within us. I feel your pain.....and that Wild child, I have one too. He's almost 9 now, and volume control is still and issue! :)

Devri said...

I am the same with you.. And yes you can sell cuteness.. or try to anyway!

Jen said...

What? Those sweet innocent faces? No ;)