Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 4

Book Club:
 C-Dog and his buddies formed a book club this summer compliments of their Mom's. My friend MB had the brilliant idea and masterminded the entire thing. There were five books chosen and an activity every two weeks tailored to fit the book just completed. They made club T-shirts and had a party to start off the year. C-Dog is my one kid who HATES reading. I was hoping  this would help. It did, but not as much as I had hoped. Today was my turn to host. The last one of the summer. The book was Mrs  Frisby and the Rats of NIMH. We borrowed our great friends home theatre and ate popcorn, a lot of junk food, and watched the movie. These boys sure have a great time together.

5 comments:

Jen said...

love when your kids have good friends! It makes Mom's job a little easier :)

tammy said...

Great idea for the book club.

Laurie said...

Love the book club idea!

mCat said...

Great idea! Wished I had known or thought about that when my boys were home during the summers. Since I worked my house was the stomping grounds for the entire neighborhood and it was a major free-for-all.

Jenni said...

What a super fun idea!