It was a Fabulous trip, and it's Fabulous to be home. You know the kiddos had a good time when they sob and beg to stay in San Diego. Out of all our family vacations I would say this is my fave so far. Not because what we saw was new, it was for some. Not because we did it fairly cheaply, we did go as cheap as possible. Not because we had a kid suite and slept seperate of any children, we did feel rested.It was because we had a great time together as a family. Hardly a fight to be heard. Hardly any whining or fits!! I was amazed. I am still amazed...... Everyone loved what we did, they were good sports all around. I have to say, I have not seen this

big of a smile on this kids face in a while. Life has been challenging for him lately. I watched for it every day and soaked it in.
The weather was as you all know, Fabulous.
Having great weather makes hangin out waiting to see these fun guys even better.

Look at these cutie pies soakin in the scenery.

They were not glued to the glass because it was their first time seeing a Polar Bear. They were glued to the glass because that Polar Bears trick for the day was to show us all how he poops. It was a nice way to get their attention, It worked......... So rude, can't those trainers teach those animals some manners? Speaking of manners, these kids were all happy until I asked for a group shot. Torture in it's highest form at our house.

Wanna see smiles again?
Just take them to a show starring

their favorite Killer Whale, Shamu. Doesn't he look so cute? It just amazes me that he can turn into the killer he is, in an instant. Doesn't look like he'd hurt a fly.Can't be in San Diego with out a few trips to the ocean. It was the first trip for all But C Dog and Miss M. Bubba was really happy to be there until the ocean attacked him and got him wet and he was pretty much done after that. One of the cutest moments at the beach was on our second trip there and Little H held out her arms and yelled at the ocean,
" STOP OCEAN, STOP!!!!"

I guess she did not want to get wet. It did not work...... She learned to love it:)
(more beach photos here)
We made a new friend. He ate lunch with us.

The best part of this entire trip was Mr.L and I watching our kids just be kids. We got to spend uniterrupted time with them and really enjoy who they are. We looked at eachother and laughed a lot because they were just to fun to be with. We wondered how many of these moments we miss at home because real life gets in the way.
9 comments:
Ok, seriously love the pics. My favs are all of them on the sidewalk, the "stop ocean" and the bird friend.
Glad you had a great time.
Technically tomorrow is my last day before I take some time off. I have the early afternoon ava tomorrow or we can get together Monday- I'll extend just for you:) Give me a call.
Too bad that real life can't be cruisin' San Diego everyday!! ;)
Your photos are lovely. Your trip sounds delightful. Glad that you had such fun with your family!!
What you said about C Dog and his smile brought tears to my eyes. So glad you had a good time. I love the group picture!
What Fun:) I am stowing away next time! Can you adopt me please????
Glad you had a great time! Beautiful Family!!!
Greatest Mom Evah!
Yay! So glad it was fun. Nothing like a good time to recharge some batteries.
I love your photos! It really is a shame every mama can't be a photographer...
As always just beautiful I love reading your blog and your photos are so pretty I love the group picture!
Post a Comment