You know how they go if you have kids. I always feel SO, SO, sorry for my friends and family. Well, really I just feel sorry for anyone who happens to need to talk to me. The insurance lady, or Dr's office, or (gasp) even the phone sales guy who actually gets a hold of me. It goes something like this.....
"Hello, This is she."
("Bubba I am on the phone wait a minute.")
" No Sorry, I was not talking to you."
Insert at least two good sentences.
("Look Little H, no crying. I CAN"T hear the nice lady!!" )
Blah, blah,blah,blah...
"Could you please repeat that?"
"What"
"I am so sorry, just a minute."
( "Hey, guys, this black thing next to my ear is a phone, if you ask me again for anything it will be an automatic NO! If you so much as make a peep near me you are going to your room. PLEASE let me just finish this call?")
"Please repeat that last thing you said before we got interrupted for the third time?"
Yada, yada, yada,yada,yada...
"One monent please?"
At this point you will hear the sound of my feet stomping to my room and my door shutting.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Why didn't I think of that before?
Good converstions ensues...
"I am so sorry!! I have three small people banging on my bedroom door and one wailing for my attention.. Can I call you back during nap time? Thank you, and I'll talk to you then."
This is my mass apology. This is my life and as hard as I try I do not think it's going to change anytime soon!!

9 comments:
Rofl.. We should chat on the phone sometime, then you would know what your house sounds like! lol
My mom gets frustrated, she says my house is too loud! ummm with a family of 9, I would hope so!
That is so funny! You know that happens to all of us, right?! I feel your pain!
Kids never need anything till you are on the phone and then they are asking you every question in the book. It doesnt seem to end even when they are teenagers. I wouldlnt know what to do with myself if I actually had a full conversation on the phone!
Yep, the same conversations I have as well! Don't you love it????
Ha Ha! Love the post. It's so true- Even with only one kid:)
This is why I am allergic to the telephone. I almost never use it. It is easier to text or e mail. Sad and impersonal? Maybe. But it is much easier to just stop typing to deal with a screaming kid....
So, so, so true....I live that story every day. :)
You forgot to include husbands! I don't mean yours, just husbands in general seem to have the same tendencies!!
I think we can all relate with that one!
Post a Comment