Just a few things that made me smile this week.
Getting my kids valentines ready to go Monday night after they were tucked in bed. I made them this year. It was much cheaper than buying them, another reason to smile.
My kind Husband starting to clean out our office, which we lovingly refer to as "THE PIT." If you have seen it you know what I am talking about and why that makes me smile!!
Getting a nap today,YIPEEEE....
Getting our Costco rebate checks.
Going to Sissy's preschool V-day party
Let me tell you, I did not want to go. Not because I don't love my little one and want to support her, but it is a small miracle to get all my littles ready with enough snacks and toys packed to keep them entertained in a stroller for an hour or more while they watch others play and get Valentine treats. If wild thing looses sight of me in an unfamiliar place he freaks out and requires extra special attention to settle him. He came with a few issues, poor guy. It went better than planned, and I was soooo glad I went. The teacher blocked off a little area of the classroom with toys and we let them play. Way better than trying to keep them caged in a stroller while watching others enjoy themselves. I have struggled with a lot of guilt over not being as hands on away from home as I would like to be and so when the teacher extended a personal invitation to the Mom (ME) whom I'm sure seems disinterested, I felt I could not say no.
Again it was SOOO fun to be there with her. It made her day.It made us all smile.
I can't wait for my kids to see the fun valentine packages I have ready for them in the morning. I am sure we will see some smiles then tooooo.

4 comments:
It sounds like you made the right choice in going today, I always like when I am pleasantly surprised! Enjoy your Valentine's Day with the ones you love!
Happy valentines Day! Cant wait to hear about what you did for them!
Congrats on going and having an enjoyable time!
ps: I didnt put some of the best pics of baby m and kade because I didnt know how Heidi would feel about me putting to many pics of the kids on the internet.
oh my goodness that is great.. hey I want to know what you have instore for them tomorrow. if you are up and around your computer tonight, email me..
makadevri at gmail dot com
I need ideas, I haven't gotten them anything yet, cuz I am clueless, I was going to go before they wake up tomorrow. if not, don't worry, I will find something..
Celebrating Valentines Day at school is seriously one of the fondest memories I have growing up. It was always such an exciting day.
I'm sure Sissy loved you being there:)
Post a Comment