These two are the best of friends and I could not be more grateful, but sometimes I worry about Little H being the tail end of my girls sandwiched between two boys. What I worry about more though is their differences and how it will affect them. Most days it is never brought up. When it is though I find myself scrambling for the best way to handle things. What is usually brought up is their differences in looks. They both want to look like the other mostly, Miss M wants Sissy's hair and Sissy wants Miss M's. We celebrate their differences and try to help them understand that Heavenly Father makes us ALL different. Each and every Child of God is unique and important. It does not matter what color, sex or religion. We talk about how special they are to our family and we love everyone the same. "Our hearts are so big we can love everyone!!" Some how the message did not get across clearly to Miss M, just yet. As I was doing Miss M's hair today Sissy came in the bathroom and asked for the umpteenth time to have Miss M's hair and before I could respond Miss M proceeded to tell her how it is.
"Sissy, Lightning, Little H and I are BROWN and you are NOT! God made us special and you just Can't be like us !!!!"
OHHHHHHHHHHHH BOY......
Somehow she misunderstood so we went into the spheel again.
Hopefully she will get a little more each time we talk about it and it will help her be accepting of herself and others.
5 comments:
That is cute. She's almost got it right. You're doing a great job. A lot of adults don't even come close.
well...if it helps, my 2 oldest come from the exact same set of genes and are NOTHING alike in looks, or anything else for that matter! I am still trying to get it through their little brains that they are different and that is OKAY! Good luck and let me know if you think of some great way to remedy this one! :)
LOL Yep, even when they all come from the same parents they won't look alike, look at me and John and I had darker olive skin growing up and he was/is pale! They are too cute, I don't blame them for wanting to be the other one!
mine do come from the same parents, and look at mine.. boy I get the questions too.
That would be a difficult situation, but I think you are handling very well and I do believe that as time moves along they will understand. They are both beautiful!
P.S. I tagged you in this morning's post.
Post a Comment