To say today was not my day would pretty much sum it up. It started out like any normal day. Me getting up and getting my family breakfast and out the door to where they need to be. We got Lightning off to school and breakfast cleaned up. The morning quick pick up done . I was so excited that I had accomplished so much. I thought WOW, a shower before 8:30am. This will be a great day. That is really where the down hill slide began. While I was in the shower I just kept racking my brain for what I could have forgotten and then it dawned on me I forgot Sissy had school this morning and she had probably missed the bus. I quickly asked Layne what time it was and new with his answer it was too late. I grabbed a towel and ran for the front window, only to see the blur of bus tale lights driving away from my house. I had errands to run so I fought with all the kids to get them ready and get them out the door with me to drive the trek to Sissy's school. Once I was out I decided to get those errands done and feed the kids . I had Miss M with me, uh guess who missed school today?? I know Mom of the year coming my way. When I got home I realized I had forgotten to get the treats for Miss M's game tonight. This being one of the most important errands on my list. I quickly devised a plan A and Plan B to get treats and get to the game. My husbands,working again and can not help. Plan A was foiled so on to plan B. Miss M would ride with the Coach's family to the game while I run and get the treats minus a one year old and one two year old that my parents are watching. Seems I have it all worked out and I start dinner. Dinner and getting Miss M ready for her game turns into a three ring circus of fits, pouting, soup and crackers being flung around my kitchen while I was frantically trying to find two purple soccer socks. I still have not done my hair because remember I ran out of the house like a mad dog this morning. At this point I loose my senses and start getting a little to loud in my requests for help and the lack thereof. I am ticked at the amount of soup and crackers flung everywhere and still have no purple socks. I am ranting "why does nobody in this house hear a word I say?" and many more too often quoted stressed out Mom sayings. While I am in just getting to a few of my favorites I hear a soft sweet voice singing beside me "Lead me, Guide me, Walk beside me. Help me find the way. Teach me all that I must do....... The chorus to the song I Am A Child of GOD. One of my all time favortie childrens songs. I sat down and cried. Sissy is right, I am not doing my my job the way I should be. There was no kindness in my tone. I was for sure not being a good example. I thanked Sissy her for the reminder of my role in her life and the lives of my other children who were just staring at their loony Mom like I just sprouted three heads. The rest of my night did not go any better. The self checkout at Fry's was a joke, there was no parking at the soccer game and as result no half time treats and I only got to see ten minutes of the game but I handled it like the adult I am supposed to be. I was taught a valuable lesson today from a three year old!!! I hope and pray I will remember it in the future. The messes still have to be picked up whether I get mad or not. Sometimes our days don't go as planned and the sun still rises tomorrow, in short nothing is a big enough deal to really get that crazy over. I learned a valuable lesson today.
Friday, November 21, 2008
A Hard Lesson Learned
To say today was not my day would pretty much sum it up. It started out like any normal day. Me getting up and getting my family breakfast and out the door to where they need to be. We got Lightning off to school and breakfast cleaned up. The morning quick pick up done . I was so excited that I had accomplished so much. I thought WOW, a shower before 8:30am. This will be a great day. That is really where the down hill slide began. While I was in the shower I just kept racking my brain for what I could have forgotten and then it dawned on me I forgot Sissy had school this morning and she had probably missed the bus. I quickly asked Layne what time it was and new with his answer it was too late. I grabbed a towel and ran for the front window, only to see the blur of bus tale lights driving away from my house. I had errands to run so I fought with all the kids to get them ready and get them out the door with me to drive the trek to Sissy's school. Once I was out I decided to get those errands done and feed the kids . I had Miss M with me, uh guess who missed school today?? I know Mom of the year coming my way. When I got home I realized I had forgotten to get the treats for Miss M's game tonight. This being one of the most important errands on my list. I quickly devised a plan A and Plan B to get treats and get to the game. My husbands,working again and can not help. Plan A was foiled so on to plan B. Miss M would ride with the Coach's family to the game while I run and get the treats minus a one year old and one two year old that my parents are watching. Seems I have it all worked out and I start dinner. Dinner and getting Miss M ready for her game turns into a three ring circus of fits, pouting, soup and crackers being flung around my kitchen while I was frantically trying to find two purple soccer socks. I still have not done my hair because remember I ran out of the house like a mad dog this morning. At this point I loose my senses and start getting a little to loud in my requests for help and the lack thereof. I am ticked at the amount of soup and crackers flung everywhere and still have no purple socks. I am ranting "why does nobody in this house hear a word I say?" and many more too often quoted stressed out Mom sayings. While I am in just getting to a few of my favorites I hear a soft sweet voice singing beside me "Lead me, Guide me, Walk beside me. Help me find the way. Teach me all that I must do....... The chorus to the song I Am A Child of GOD. One of my all time favortie childrens songs. I sat down and cried. Sissy is right, I am not doing my my job the way I should be. There was no kindness in my tone. I was for sure not being a good example. I thanked Sissy her for the reminder of my role in her life and the lives of my other children who were just staring at their loony Mom like I just sprouted three heads. The rest of my night did not go any better. The self checkout at Fry's was a joke, there was no parking at the soccer game and as result no half time treats and I only got to see ten minutes of the game but I handled it like the adult I am supposed to be. I was taught a valuable lesson today from a three year old!!! I hope and pray I will remember it in the future. The messes still have to be picked up whether I get mad or not. Sometimes our days don't go as planned and the sun still rises tomorrow, in short nothing is a big enough deal to really get that crazy over. I learned a valuable lesson today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I love the way children teach US without even knowing it. what a beautiful post! I don't want to be that crazy mom either...but we all have our days and it's wonderful to read things like this and know that we can all improve! thanks for being so honest! :)
What a sweet little spirit she has. We all have days like those, unfortunately, and it's my kids that usually remind me to be better. None of us are perfect, at least you can say you learned from this. That's what makes you a good mom.
And what is up with half-time treats anyway??
I needed that Jamie. Sometimes we have hard days but I guess our job is clear. Thank you! :)
I have way to many of these days:( Maybe one of these days it will get through this thick skull of mine! (Not counting on it to happen to soon)
BEEN THERE!!! Oh wow have I been there. I am so glad that you were able to have a good perspective on the whole thing!
:) Hope today was better!
Oh- from the mouth of babes!
Oy.....I needed your Sissy here last night when I had a mommy freak-out moment after being cooped up with the kids all day, and no husband on top of it all.....there are times I'm SO ready for his calling to be over with!
Thank you for posting that. I'll try to remember that along with my increased resolve to be nicer and quieter.... :)
i need to remember that. thanks for sharing
It's so nice to have someone post real life events. Especially moments of insanity. Each of us needs to be reminded that it's okay that we are not perfect. Thanks for sharing!
You never cease to make me cry! You are AMAZING. I wish I were half the woman you are!
Post a Comment