My Brother called me Sunday night and said my Dad had collapsed on the living room floor and that the paramedics had taken him to the hospital. Ok scary enough. He just had a pacemaker put in. His heart rate I was told was at 40 beats per minute WHAT????? Isn't the pace maker supposed to compensate for irregularities? It turns out the Pacemaker was not the problem. It was the combination of meds he was on. The doctors have him on too many meds that lower your blood pressure and his was dangerously low. WHO???? Monitors this, some one please tell me?? I took my Mom to the hospital on Sunday night to be with my Dad in the ER. My Mom has MS(Multiple Sclerosis) and can not drive at night. I listened to all the tests they were going to run and had run and wondered at what point were we going to know the real cause of his collapse. He has had strokes before and they thought maybe he had had another stroke. He had several tests all day yesterday too. Poor guy, and only to find out it could have been prevented. I am not angry it just really scares me and reminds me of how fragile Human life is and how quickly things can change. I took my Mom to the hospital tonight to bring him home. It was nice to see him joking and acting more like himself than he was in the ER on Sunday night. I am so grateful for modern medicine it is a blessing in my families every day life. We have a laundry list of diseases and ailments running around our family. This just goes to show though that it does not take much to have something go wrong. We love you Dad!! We are glad they have things figured out and that you are home and feeling better.
15 comments:
It was definitely a scary night and not on my list of things I want to experience again that's for sure! We are so grateful for the good doctors that took care of him and even more graetful he is doing much better and back to his "normal" self! We love our papa soooo much!
So scary! I am glad they got everything figured out and you got him home again. You are right, life is fragile and it can be gone in an instant. Enjoy and take advantage of all the time you have!
How scary! I am glad he is ok and home!! Hope he feels better soon and nothing like that happens again.
So glad that your dad is okay. What a scary thing. Doctors don't know as much as we assume they do...that's a scary thought!!!
I am too glad he is ok, how scary.
That is scary! I am glad he is doing better and I hope you are feeling better about it.
Too choked up to say anything! I love Dad! I am so glad he is home and back to himself! I wish I could have gone to see him but you know the story!
That is so scary. I'm sorry you all had to go through that. My dad was in the hospital with a bladder infection that wasn't going away (since he has diabetes, they wanted to keep him). Well, his blood pressure got high, so they gave him meds to lower it, and it got too low and he passed out, hit his head, and long story short, he almost died and his life hasn't been the same since. I know those treating him were probably to blame. Things can change in an instant. I'm glad he's doing okay now. It's hard to watch your parents get older.
What scary news, I am happy to hear that he is at home and doing better! You're in my thoughts, hang in there.
Girls, you mutiplied again?! Six?!! I do not know how you do it. I'm on the edge most of the time with three.
So sorry about your Dad. Scary! Lord just keeps us remembering what really matters.
i am glad your dad his home, hope he gets feeling better.
Freaky! Ah! I am so glad that everything is alright. I went into panic mode when I first read this. Glad he's doing much better. Have fun on your trip. Can't wait to see you photos. What a cool opportunity.
I am so glad he's okay. I (and most of my family) totally believe that my grandma died due to the meds they switch her to just a couple days before she died. I'm glad they were able to get it figured out for your dad :).
Have fun on your trip!
Scary! Glad he is okay now.
That is super scary....I too amd SOOO thankful for modern medicine and don't know what I would do without it....be one sad mom that's for sure! I am so glad he is doing better and hope that he feels 100% soon!
Post a Comment