My sweet girls!! Miss M has been asking for a "GIRL Trip." She had some grandiose plans. She had just the girls headed on vacation together. I told her we could not do that and talked her into a visit to the Temple with Sissy and me. We headed to the Temple at about six tonight. We walked the grounds and then I shared some sweet conversation with my girls. We decided to watch the presentation on families. The last part is the video and has the picture of Christ to the right of the screen and in the movie.Sissy said
" Mom, I want to see Jesus!"
Me
"Sissy there he is in all the pictures."
"No, I WANT to SEE Jesus"
"Sissy honey, look at the screen and you will see Jesus."
"Mommy, Jesus said not to hit or kick!"
"You are right honey. Jesus wants us to be kind to everyone."
"I want to see Jesus Christ."
She was adamant she was going to see Jesus. The pictures were not enough. I was so touched by her desire to "SEE Jesus." We left the presentation and were making our way to the Christus. We stopped to look at the Paintings of Jesus life.
Miss M said,
"Mama they made him bleed."
'I know honey but it's ok because he did it for us." We walked to the painting of his Resurrection and I said,
'See girls he died but he was resurrected" Miss M said to me,
"Mama he said "touch me not"" I was amazed, I had no idea she knew this. I did not know quite how to respond.
"I know Miss M, he did." It has that very scripture posted below the painting and so I read it to them. We moved onto the Christus where the girls were enthralled with what they called his "Boo Boo's" They were very upset that some one would hurt him. On the way home it was very quiet in the car and Sissy said "Oh Mommy, I got to see Jesus Christ!" I blubbered a little, how can that not bring tears to a proud Mommy's eyes? I hope these girls don't forget how they feel now about their Savior. I hope I can continue to instill in them this same reverence and love for him as they grow!!

Little H is talking more every day! Today she was watching Layne and I make dinner and Layne walked over to her, She was so EXCITED!
"Hi Poppy, hi Poppy, hi Poppy!"
"Hi little H"
"Higs, higgs , higs?" She got her hug:)
"Tank ooh Poppy!"
"Tiss,tiss, tiss?" She got her kisses:)
" Tank ooh Poppy!"
" I wuv oooo Poppy, hold hand" Her tiny little hand reached out for her Poppy. These are really the moments that make my insane life worth while!! I just wish I could record these amazing moments that take my breath away with my kids.I want to hang on to them and replay them when times get tough. I just wish there was a way to capture their sweet innocence so that they would never loose it!!. My blog serves as my family journal and I am just grateful I have a place to at least write it down.
14 comments:
Oh that is just beautiful, kids are the cutest!!!
I love reading your blog, you keep it real and it's refreshing!
Your girls are precious!! ;)
SO SWEET!! All of it. I haven't taken my boys to the temple in awhile. I need to do that. Sad that I forget.
What a beautiful moment for you and your little girls....so glad you shared such a moment with us! You are such a great mom and they are so very very very lucky to have you! :)
I have to believe that she did see Him! How could they not when they have an Angel for a mother! These are the moments that make it worth it!
Little H is soo cute! I love it when little girls start falling in love with their Daddy and can say it!
Isn't it great when they come out with these things to make all the work involved raising them worthwhile? Good job mama!
That is super sweet! It's times like that that remind you that kids DO listen!
You need to turn your blog into a blurb book -- it's a fun way to re-read all of your family's sweetest memories!
P.S. Having a give-a-way, wanna come play?!?
What a beautiful idea for a girls night. You have a very smart little gal! what a great mama you are!!
Children are so sweet and innocent. I love it! What a great thing to do with your girls.
awesome story! I loved it!
I found your blog on Hyeson's. Couldn't resist the title and had to look... I"m so glad I did.
YOU are a great mother and I am so amazed by what you are doing. I love your life! Keep at it.
Wow, what a beautiful story. I got emotional just reading it. I love that sweet innocence.
It amazes me how almost all children are drawn to Christ. They are so much like him, I guess it shouldn't surprise me. I think it's because they have that "blanket" of the Atonement to cover them, if you will, until they are eight. Maybe it comes with special blessings we are unaware of. . . What beautiful experiences. I hope I remember to take the time w/ Raegan for experiences like that. Thank you for sharing them. Do we have craft night soon?
Post a Comment