Wednesday, July 9, 2008

TODAY...

was not my most stellar day as a parent or a person. It does get overwhelming some days to be clawed at all day and to literally be ran into the ground. Today was one of those days. I have a little one who is destructive when she is angry and what she did hit my last nerve! Boy did she know it! I cried and vented to a dear friend and then gave my hubby an earful. I think a few things need to change around here and this Mommy is going to get a little more ME time and a little more Mom and Daddy time out of the house. The little one who is so obviously screaming in her own way for attention is getting a little more one on one with the folks. I think she is getting lost in the shuffle and I never want that to happen to any of my kids!!! I needed to be alone and get my mind of off things for a few minutes and since I know sleep will not come to easily tonight, I decided to be productive. Scrapbooking helps me escape a little but it also helps me appreciate what I have. My family situation is crazy and different at best, but I love my kids and I can not imagine my life without any one of my precious kids. No matter how hard it is!!
(I got this fun page idea from onehm)

11 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

cute pages! hard day! good for you getting a little more you time, and dates, and one on one! i need to be better about the dates, and the one on one for the kids. it's hard to squeeze in. great use of your time alone!

Ashley Dent said...

You're an amazing mom and I know a lot of people admire and look up to you for all that you do and the love that your show ALL of your kids! I love ya and think you're pretty amazing myslef and hope you know you can always vent to me! Or...call me to come watch your kids so you can get some YOU time! I would be happy to help!

Micah and Jen said...

It's so hard with lots of kiddos....and I know my life is about to get crazier than ever....I will take your advice on here and make sure I do the "alone" time too....we all need it, no matter what our age. Hope today goes better for you and way to go on the scrappin' you always do such cute pages! :)

Meredith Ferrin said...

Sorry you had such a hard day, I'm glad you are able to have a creative escape.....plus I leave seeing your work! My best advice would be have a weekly date night....it's the only way we survive this crazy roller coaster of motherhood! Hope today is better!

Andrea said...

Sorry you had a rough mama day! I have many of those! Yep, moms need a little ME time or at least out of the house time by yourself or w/ hubby!

LOVE your scrapbook pages!!! YOu are AWESOME!!!

paynejandj said...

God bless you both... and your little ones. People like you and Onehm & husband... truly angels on earth. Even if you don't feel like it every day... or even days at a time. :) Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Scrapbooking soothes the soul, I am going on Sunday for an 8 hour crop, I need to get caught up!

I do hope that you find some peace, kids are trying and they certainly know how to push our buttons.

Hang in there and yes, most definately take a little you time. If you are refreshed you can give that back to your kiddos!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I LOVE your layouts-STUNNING!!

KayDee said...

After hard days scrapping IS relaxing! We will have to work out a day for lightning and Miss M to go out and meet my friend and her horse! I think it will do wonders for them!

LOVE Ya!! and you are doing and awesome job!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

being a mom is hard! i hope things get better with your kids. glad you are gonna get some more time for you, moms need that!!

tammy said...

I too, think you are amazing with all you do for your kiddos. I wish I was brave enough to take in a foster child and work towards adoption. I will borrow yours anytime you want! Hang in there, and DO take some YOU time!