Monday, June 2, 2008

WHAT!!!!!!???????


I have heard my first "I'M BORED" of the summer. This of coarse came from Lightning and was very dramatic and WAY TOOOOO SOOON!!! Let's all remind ourselves that summer has just begun. SO THERE!!!, is what I say to all the Mothers who criticized me for putting him in Boredom Busters for two sessions. They said they could not believe I did not want to spend time with him this summer. I LOVE my little man and we are for sure spending time together but let's remember the summers are long and I have other children to think off. My little ones are on a schedule that keeps all of us rested and sane. I work around that and still mange to have fun with ALL of my kids!!!! Oh... sorry for the tangent. I just felt very justified in my plans for the kiddo when I heard that this morning. I quickly offered him dog poop duty and weed duty and he found stuff to do awfully fast.

8 comments:

KayDee said...

Good for putting him in boredom busters, that might be a good thing for him. I have not heard anything about being bored yet, but we have all been pretty sick and have spent most of our vacation sick and in emergency rooms! What a way to start a vacation huh? Got home last night and we had to take chantel to the e.r.!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

believe me if there was boredom busters out here, both of my kids would be participating. i love boredom busters. you can tell your little man that we don't do anything but clean out our house and see if he thinks he is still bored? i could always use another cleaner ;)

Micah and Jen said...

Oh, we get the "I'm so bored" at least twice a day....and we are STILL in school here! I just hope his dad had lots planned for them down there or HE will got crazy...wait...he already is!!! HE HE HE
PS--I totally forgot all about the pay-it-forward thing....I still need to do mine! :)

tammy said...

I don't know who gave you crap about putting him in Boredom Busters, but only a mom knows what is really best for their kiddos, so good for you! I agree you definitely need to keep your schedule around your house or risk insanity.

andrea said...

If we had boredom busters here, my kids would be in it...perhaps all summer...but I would call it "keep the kids away from each other/mom's sanity restorer"!

Too funny about the weeds and dog poop helping him not to be bored! :)

Jen said...

HOpe it is going better for you over there! Just have a long "I'm bored" list and tell him anytime he says it he has to do one thing off the list, maybe then he won't dare say it to you ;)!

Crazymamaof6 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crazymamaof6 said...

ok i deleted my comment for using a real name. here. lets get your big boy and my middle one together soon.

being bored is never good. all the chores available to beat boredom, are never the fun , easy ones.