Monday, April 7, 2008

OH MY GOSH!!!!

WHAT A NIGHT!!!!!
Pink eye, medically known as conjunctivitis (kun-junk-te-VI-tis) is an infection or inflammation of the conjunctiva, the thin, protective membrane that covers the surface of the eyeball and inner surface of the eyelids. It is caused by bacteria, viruses and other germs that are transmitted to the eye through contaminated hands, towels, and eye makeup or extended wear contacts; by exposure to irritants such as chemicals, smoke or dust; or by pollen and other allergens. It is not uncommon for conjunctivitis eye to accompany a cold or flu.
Yep I am the allergy queen and when I read this I thought yeah... it could be from allergies and not from something gross off the shopping carts I pushed around on Saturday. I am the only one who has it at my house. How old am I? why do I have pink eye? I am constantly washing my hands. I sat outside with the kids yesterday breathing in the pollen and rubbing my eyes. I guess I was asking for it!!! Pink eye was not the only reason my sleep was interrupted last night.


You see this room first thing this morning and you can see what wild sleepers my two older girls are. Yep no covers on Emmi's bed and no top sheet, that is why Sissy is in the bed on the left because I chose the lesser of two evils. Sissy is a wild sleeper but nothing like Emmi so she got the left side which is a common wall between my room and theirs. The head of my bed is on that wall. Last night I got up at least fifteen times (no exaggeration) to go move the child away from the wall and because I have such a nasty pink eye I had to get my warm wash cloth first and and soak open my eye. I know to graphic. This kid kicks the wall so hard that you are woken up scared because of the THUD. My heart can only take so much in one night and last night was off the charts. A heart attack every twenty minutes is no fun. First thing I did when I got up was MOVE THAT BED!!! I do not like the arrangement but it is all that works in the space with out having a bed up against the offending wall. I am planning on bunk beds and have been for a while now. This will just make me move a little faster in finding some. I have been waiting for the bunk beds to finally actually decorate their room. I have tons of stuff bought and a few crafty projects to finish on my own and when I find those bunk beds it will all go up:) At least with this arrangement I can quit being woken up and scared out of my gourd for no reason!!

12 comments:

Laurie said...

Having my wall thumped in the night would scare the heck out of me! I love the new arrangement.

Jenn Toon said...

I have a couple of wall thumpers too! Scares me!
Love the new arrangement and understand about the bunkbeds. Hard to find what you really want and then sometimes you just gotta save for what that is. UG!

Jen said...

Good solution for now, and I *heart* bunkbeds, I need to get them for my boys soon. Sorry about the pink eye, I had it when I was preggo with Gavin, sooo not fun!

Micah and Jen said...

That totally stinks about the pink eye...hope it gets better soon. And as for the beds....I hear ya girl! I have two that are constantly falling out of bed as well. We even have a nice railing on Cameren's and he still manages to fall out of the top bunk....but he doesn't even wake up! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

That stinks you have pink eye! Your poor family is always fighting that one! I guess it's better than something worse...ear infections maybe!? I hope you feel better soon! The new arrangement looks good, and of course allows more room to play in...good...bad...hmm...

onehm said...

GIRL, I am so glad that I didn't bring my kids over to torture you today...hopefully you got a nap??!

The room looks cute so far!!

Jamie said...

That is about the only thing I didn't get this winter! SO SORRY! I hope by some miracle you get to catch up on your sleep. I know it's a dream come true when it you get to! :)

KayDee said...

The new arrangement looks good! I am really sorry about the pink eye! I hope you got some rest last night!

tammy said...

I am no good when I don't get my sleep (which coincidentally happened last night). Good idea on moving the beds! And hopefully she outgrows the kicking in her sleep before she's married or her spouse is in for a big surprise!

andrea said...

Ugh...hope your eye is getting better and that you get more sleep after the bed change! I also have a wild sleeper...her covers are usually on the floor every morning as well. I'm hoping the tonsil removal she's having will help improve her sleep pattern and she won't be so restless.

Crazymamaof6 said...

yuck on pink eye. i get it. it's probably stress. stress can totally bring on pink eye. allergies don't help I'm sure. hope it is gone by now. and OY, loud sleeper. no good! bunk beds are fabulous!

Webb Family said...

Their beds are so cute! Sorry you have pink eye, no fun!!