Thursday, November 1, 2007

I'M CONFUSED...



Did I miss Thanksgiving ?!? I was just wondering? I had to go to Target two times today, once because I forgot my wallet and then to go back and get what I needed. I say forgot loosely because it was removed by a curious child and I did not notice. On my first run there I saw lots of ladies who I believe single handedly cleared out any remnants of Halloween. That gave me the brilliant idea to check the Halloween clearance items and what did I find there? Nothing spooky or ghoulish... Christmas displays and trees were up and tagged ready to go. It was only NINE hours after Halloween was officially over. I completely understand why they do this, seriously are they really going to display frozen turkeys for a month? Sometimes though I think what happened to that holiday in between where we concentrate on being grateful ?

12 comments:

onehm said...

Fantastic post. Love it.

And I love the new topper.

Anonymous said...

I know! As soon as one holiday is over, they move right on to the next! It's crazy!

SHERI said...

So true- it's a little crazy

KayDee said...

Love the new look!


Last week I went looking for some holloween decorations and all I could find was christmas.

blah, blah by lindsey said...

love your new blog stuff. i feel the same way about the whole skipping over thanksgiving. i for one would like to see turkey decorations around.

Missy said...

First of all...AWESOME costumes, they were ALL FANTASTIC!

Second, love the topper!

And last, I totally agree...I went on the early hours of Halloween to Walmart and the candy aisle had been cleared out with XMAS CANDY...I immmediatly got stressed, a little too early for that stress!!!

Micah and Jen said...

Isn't it so frustrating? I use to refuse to buy any Christmas stuff till after Thanksgiving, but now if you don't it's all gone! I actually bought a few things today, and now my kids think we are celebrating Christmas tomorrow!

tammy said...

It would be nice to see a little more Thanksgiving before jumping head first into Christmas. I was at Toys R Us on Thursday and they were playing Christmas music already!

I love your new background!

Jen said...

LOL, I just blogged about hearing Christmas music already, and while I love it, yeah, what the heck where did Thanksgiving go?

Holyoaks said...

I love your blog! I love reading all about your exciting life (yes exciting!) Your right about skipping Thanksgiving - whats up with that? Your chillin's are adorable - I saw them on Shers blog - in their singing group - so fun!

Christine said...

Love the new look!

Christmas comes way too fast every year especially when you have more kids to buy for.

Black Friday ads are already out on the internet. AHHHH!!! I need more time!

Crazymamaof6 said...

I know! crazy!